JustGiving widget

Friday 4 November 2011

The battle between excitement and extreme fear - which will win?!

In 46 hours, I'm leaving with 70 other amazing women to go on an adventure!!!

Am I ready? Hell no but are you ever ready for 400 km?

This week has been rather hectic – seeing friends and family; finishing all of my work errands; making sure I get everything on the huge kit list and the even larger drug list (perhaps I am completely naïve and will be eating my words by next Saturday but how will I really need two packets of Ibuprofen and two packets of Paracetamol?). Regardless of my denial of the actual difficulty of the trip, everything, including my massive drug supply, is now piled up in my room and ready to be properly packed. Still missing the gin hip flask...must search for that tomorrow.

I am £105 away from hitting my fundraising target of £1000 - a massive thank you to everyone that has donated so far. Should you feel the need to top up my fundraising page, here's the link: http://www.justgiving.com/travelingorilla (feel free to share it with your friends!)

As a parting gift, my Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust Colleagues bought me some jelly beans (Marks & Spencers - yummy!) and pink smarties. Can't wait to crack open the beans at the top of the 26km hill. Thank you Team Jo's and of course the rest of the office, you really have offered me so much encouragement over the last couple of months even when I went into too much detail about chaffing...you all still listened and nodded sympathetically. THANK YOU!   

Pink smarties and jelly beans to help me keep pedallin'.
Thanks Team Jo's! 

So far this week, I have experienced an interesting combination of: excitement, insomnia, fear, panic over lack of waterproof trousers (let’s not even go into details about that one - needless to say it was verging on hand me the valium all over waterproof trousers), and the best one of all mild indifference. And I haven't even started the cycling bit of the challenge yet. No idea which emotion will win but what I want more than anything is to get on the plane NOW!  Really can't wait to meet the rest of Group 2 and start cycling! 

Roll on Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment