JustGiving widget

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Women V Cancer - Cycle Kenya Challenge

Over 18 months ago, I attended a meeting for Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust with representatives from Breast Cancer Care, Ovarian Cancer Action, Classic Tours and Action for Charity. We saw beautiful pictures of the Kenyan Rift Valley and heard about a proposed route for the first ever Women V Cancer Cycle Kenya Challenge. The cycle challenge would be a women only event and the participants would raise awareness and funds of the 3 cancer charities. It sounded really incredible

As I sat in the meeting I thought: "Wow this challenge looks amazing, trip of a life time but I bet it's going to be extremely painful for the participants, you'll never catch me cycling 400km up and down those hills"

Little did I know that as the months moved forward I would be the elected charity rep representing all three charities on Cycle Kenya Group 2 (6-15 November 2011) and cycling along with 100 other women on the trip.

I'm pretty sure there will be lots to share on this blog. I want this blog to help raise awareness of breast, cervical and ovarian cancers but also share some insights into our trip and of course the training before hand - so watch this space!

Best wishes
travelingorilla aka Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment